Welcome! These Web Links will guide people to a web site to answer their question or help with their curiosity. North Carolina is blessed to have such a deep set of resources available for a wide range of gardening, farming, and landscape information. This is the start of the links that we might direct you to. Over time and with feedback, more links can be added.
- Stokes Extension Master Gardener Volunteers Thank you for visiting! We hope you will “like” us, too.
- Stokes County Cooperative Extension covers a wide range of topics plus informs you about talks and workshops.
- NC Extension Master Gardeners is our state organization’s page.
- National Extension Master Gardeners Facebook page strives to serve the 95,000 Extension Master Gardeners.
Stokes and Local Counties Extension Links
- Stokes Extension’s Home page and utilize the links in the left column, including one to the 4-H program
- Stokes Extension’s Contact Information page shows the Stokes Extension Agents. The Horticulture Agent that mentors the Master Gardener Volunteers is Bryan Hartman.
- Stokes Extension’s Lawn & Garden site has farming and gardening news information. Scroll down to “Learn More Using the Resources Below” for a great set of informative links.
- Stokes County Master Gardeners is the web page about this Master Gardener Volunteer program.
- Surry Extension’s Master Gardener site about their program and events
- Forsyth Cooperative Extension & their Master Gardener events, including the Tanglewood Arboretum -or- Forsyth Extension’s Google Calendar. You can add events to your personal Google calendar by clicking on the event, then select add to my calendar on the drop down box.
- Forsyth Extension’s program, Forsyth Community Gardening supports the growing efforts of more than 160 community gardens across Forsyth County. They have access to a number of publications on a wide variety of horticultural and community organizing topics
North Carolina Cooperative Extension Links
- NCSU Gardening Portal is a huge information base available to all. Popular subjects include How To, Vegetables, Pest Management, Plants, Programs, Publications (those great info sheets), and more. The Water section covers rain gardens, rainwater harvesting, etc.
- The updated Extension Gardener Handbook is available online! This is research based information on creating and managing a vibrant, sustainable landscape. It can be found at go.NCSU.edu/EG-Handbook.
- SEMGVA NC Vegetable Garden Planting Guide has suggested varieties per vegetable along with the dates, depths, spacing, etc.
- The North Carolina Extension Gardener Plant Toolbox is a resource with descriptions and photographs of >4000 plants found in NC! The Toolbox includes an easy-to-identify a plant with various criteria.
- Pollinator Garden App!
- TurfFiles / Lawn Care Another rich information source plus includes 3 apps!
- Plant Disease and Insect Clinic diagnoses plant problems for farmers, growers, landscapers, homeowners, and gardeners.
- Extension Gardener is the statewide Master Gardener program, including their Newsletters and the interactive map showing NC’s public gardens
- North Carolina Extension Master Gardener Volunteers new site at ncemgva.org (Dec 2016)
- NC State EMG Program YouTube channel is at go.ncsu.edu/ncemg-youtube
Links to Associated Groups on SEMGVA Projects
- King Farmers Market at the Stokes YMCA Facebook site, also at www.kingfarmersmarket.org. Look at this site for their new Winter location.
- Stokes Future Farmers’ Market Facebook site
- Our Communities of NW Stokes Facebook site
- Stokes Opportunity Center Facebook site and The Star Catchers Facebook site
Local Gardening Groups Links
- Old Salem Museums & Gardens with Thursday lunchtime talks and Saturday workshops
- Ciener Botanical Garden in Kernersville
- Reynolda Gardens with Tuesday 12:30 talks and Saturday workshops
- Bethabara Park
- NC Native Plant Society
- Forsyth Public Libraries We suggest you use Calendar Of Events, then “Select Calendars” to a specific branch
- Snap items are at www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items
Look at our Calendar for local gardening events, as we try to post any event we learn about.
If you do have a question, we often tell people to use their search engine, like Google, to find the topic. To get an answer specific to NC, not California or Florida, add this to your search: site: ncsu.edu.
If that doesn’t get your answers, Ask an Expert has an online form to submit a question and optionally, include pictures. You will select “NC” and “Stokes County” to properly direct the query. The Extension Master Gardener Volunteers assist the Agriculture – Horticulture Extension Agent on this, as well as other support roles. Thanks for visiting us! Comments can be directed to our email at email@example.com.