Draft version under construction.
- Stokes Extension Master Gardener Volunteers Thank you for visiting! We hope you will “like” us, too.
- Stokes County Cooperative Extension covers a wide range of topics plus informs you about talks and workshops.
- NC Extension Master Gardeners is our state organization’s page.
- National Extension Master Gardeners Facebook page strives to serve the 95,000 Extension Master Gardeners.
- NC Vegetable Garden Planting Guide includes the suggested varieties per vegetable for this area.(PDF file available soon)
Stokes County Cooperative Extension Links
- Stokes Extension’s Home page and utilize the links in the left column, including one to the 4-H program
- Stokes Extension’s Contact Information page. The “County Staff” link gets you to Randy Fulk, the Extension Agent that mentors the Master Gardener Volunteers.
- Stokes Extension’s Lawn & Garden site has farming and gardening news information. Scroll down to “Learn More Using the Resources Below” for a great set of informative links.
- Stokes County Master Gardeners is the web page about this Master Gardener program.
North Carolina Cooperative Extension Links
- NCSU Gardening Portal is a huge information base available to all. A range of subjects include How To, Pest Management, Plants, Programs, Publications (those great info sheets), and more. The Water section covers rain gardens, rainwater harvesting, etc.
- NCSU Gardening Portal’s Vegetables is a popular section.
- Pollinator Garden App New!
- TurfFiles / Lawn Care Another rich information source plus includes 3 apps!
- Plant Disease and Insect Clinic diagnoses plant problems for farmers, growers, landscapers, homeowners, and gardeners.
- Extension Gardener is the statewide Master Gardener program, also includes their Newsletters
- The NEW Extension Gardener Handbook is now available on-line! Currently the chapters on Composting, Insects, Integrated Pest Management, Propagation, and Wildlife are available. Other chapters will be online soon!
Local Gardening Groups Links
- Forsyth Cooperative Extension & their Master Gardener events, including the Arboretum -or-
Forsyth Extension’s Google Calendar and add events to your personal calendar
(click on the event, then select add to my calendar on the drop down box).
- Old Salem Museums & Gardens with Thursday lunchtime talks and Saturday workshops
- Reynolda Gardens with Tuesday 12:30 talks
- Forsyth Public Libraries
If you do have a question, we often tell people to use their search engine, like Google, to find the topic. To get an answer specific to NC, not California or Florida, add this to your search: site:ncsu.edu.
If that doesn’t get your answers, Ask an Expert has an online form to submit a question and optionally, include pictures. You will select “NC” and “Stokes County” to properly direct the query. The Extension Master Gardener Volunteers assist the Agriculture – Horticulture Extension Agent on this, as well as other support roles. Thanks for visiting us! Commments can be directed to our email at email@example.com.
By participating in our Market Match program:
- SNAP customers will receive an extra $10 each week with each $10 token purchase, resulting in $20 or more every Wednesday to spend on healthy, local fruits, vegetables, herbs, eggs, cheese, meats, baked goods, and more!
- WIC customers will also receive an extra $10 after using three vouchers, for a total of $22 to spend on vegetables, fruits, and fresh herbs!
- Senior FMNP (Farmers Market Nutrition Program) customers will also receive up to $5 per week extra to spend on fruits, vegetables, or honey!
We are pleased to announce that the King Farmers’ Market accepts EBT, debit, and credit cards! Here’s how it works: